Hemingway House Bed & BREAKFAST POLICIES
Terms and Conditions, and Policies:
When booking with us you have agreed that you read and understand our Terms and Conditions, and Policies.
It is important that you read all the emails we send to you. Emails have detailed information about your reservation and complimentary parking information you will need. Please make sure that the contact information you provided us is correct. If you need to make any changes it is your responsibility to inform us immediately.
- Front Desk- is open from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Guests- must be 21 years of age when booking a reservation and provide a photo id at check in time.
- Reservations- may be booked online at www.Hemingwayhouse.net or by calling us at 904.770.4059
- Late Reservations- or after hours assistance- phone calls will be answered from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Emergency calls- all guests will receive a direct number to call for assistance, incase of an emergency please inform the answering service operator on call of your emergency so we can assist you as soon as possible.
- Gift Certificates are available to purchase through us only. We do not participate in any other gift certificates program.
- Third Party Reservations- when you book through a Third Party such as (Booking.com) your card will be charged on the day you book please make sure that you understand their policies as our policies may be different.
- Cleaning Fee- a cleaning fee of $15 per day will be applied to all reservations.
- Additional Cleaning Fees- Any additional cleaning beyond normal housekeeping (such as but not limited to: wine, make-up, blood, personal stains, food & beverage clean-up) will be billed a minimum charge of $95 plus any additional costs as necessary. *** Leaving excessive trash that requires beyond normal cleaning by our housekeepers will be billed a minimum charge of $55. Damaged linens, bedding towels, or comforters will be charged at a full cost price to replace any item damaged and all charges will be made immediately to your card.
- No smoking- and/or vaping inside our premises. No Candles are allowed and No Parties or uninvited guests are allowed.
- WIFI- Is available in each room. We have the guest link and password written on a small picture frame located on the bed stand next to your bed.
- Quiet-time- is reserved from 10:00 pm to 9:00 am as quiet time at the Inn. Please be considerate and keep noise to a minimum during this time. Violators will be expelled by the police, from the property, WITHOUT warning and without a refund.
- Retail and Special Packages - please visit our website to purchase any retail items or special packages with your reservations www.Hemingwayhouse.net
CHECK-IN & CHECK- OUT:
- Check In -time is at 3:00
- Check Out -time is at 11:00 am
- Check In- is available after 5:00 pm please call to uniform us that you will be arriving late so we can assist you with self check in instructions.
- We can not guarantee early check in or late check out
- When you are checking out early or not attending breakfast we ask that you please inform one of our staff members on duty.
- You will be provided a 4 digit code to enter the entrance of the building and your room. The code will be the last four digits of your phone number. The Code will be sent as a text message to the number provided to us before 3pm.
- For standard reservation; we serve a hot breakfast which is cooked fresh, with hearty, wholesome ingredients, and made with the Hemingway House signature style. Breakfast is served every morning at 9:15am
- For group and private venue reservations our breakfast options vary between a delicious continental breakfast or an extended breakfast buffet for a small cost per person please call for details.
- We accept a valid Visa, MasterCard, and American Express to hold a reservation. For standard reservations your credit card will be charged 14 days prior to your arrival, when you take responsibility for the cost of your entire reservation.
- For group reservations your card will be charged 21 days prior to your arrival, when you take responsibility for the cost of your entire reservation.
- For private venue reservations your credit card will be charged 60 days prior to your arrival, when you take responsibility for the cost of your entire reservation.
- Deposit fees will be charged once all parties sign the contract agreement of their event.
- We only accept Gift Certificates as payments that are purchased from Hemingway House Payment for gift certificates are collected at the time of purchase.
CREDIT CARD SECURITY:
- Guests' information and credit card information is stored and processed securely.
- We welcome all travelers ages twelve and over (special arrangements can be made at time of reservation for younger children)
- All children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and supervised at all times. A $35.00 fee will be applied for each additional guest regardless of age.
- No pets allowed unless special occasion and prior arrangements are made at the time of your reservation.
ADA Qualified service dogs allowed as required by law.) Note: Florida has a 'Fake service dog law' Those who are caught misrepresenting their animal may face a $500 fine and up to 60 days in jail.
- Please know that parking is limited and offered as FREE COMPLIMENTARY PARKING, there are no parking fees charged as part of your reservation fees.
- Our free complimentary parking spaces are designated for small compact size vehicles only, unfortunately we can not accommodate parking for large vehicles or trucks. If your vehicle is too large and blocks anything in our spaces, the driver will have to find other parking, or be towed away, at their expense. There is a public garage for valuable and oversized vehicles near the Inn.
- We are not obligated to offer parking and you are not obligated to park in the spaces we assigned to you and may choose to park anywhere else at your own risk.
- We offer free complimentary parking as a courtesy to our guests. Please make sure you park in your assigned parking spot. (we send you parking information via email.) We are not responsible for your parking space availability after parking has been assigned. If you do not park in your assigned parking space your vehicle may be towed away and we are not responsible.
- Arriving Late: If you plan on arriving late you must call us to arrange a late check-in with our staff, and know that off-site parking may not be assured late into the evening.
- If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us as soon as possible to notify us.
- For most reservations, our Standard Policy permits cancellations without penalty fees until 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival day. Cancellations that occur after that time frame, we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation regardless of your cancellation reason, including concerns regarding the Coronavirus or Weather conditions.
- Please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation no matter what the reason is including concern of the Coronavirus or Weather conditions.
- Please note, however, that there may be stricter cancellation rules for special rates and special events. Please refer to your reservation details or call the hotel with any cancellation-related questions.
- When booking through a Third Party Booking Engine such as (booking.com) we are not responsible for non- refundable charges or fees charged by third party booking engines; you must read their cancellation policies.
We understand that emergencies happen if you decide to cancel please call immediately should you need assistance.
- Weather and Hurricane Policy-We cannot be responsible for delays, interruptions, cancellations, inn closings or inconveniences in your trip due to weather. However, if you have a confirmed reservation and you are due to arrive within 24 hours and an evacuation order (due to hurricane warning) is issued, you will be able to move your reservation to a new date at no charge to you.
- Changes to reservations are considered cancellations and re-bookings.
- Early departures/late arrivals are considered cancellations and are subject to the same cancellation policy. This same cancellation policy applies to the use of Gift Certificates for deposit or payment of a reservation.
- Unclaimed Accommodations, Non-Arrivals, No-Show: Full charge for the entire reservation will be charged to the reservation credit card for unclaimed accommodations, non-arrivals and no-show on the dates of the confirmed reservation.
- COVID-19 Requirements: Since we don't know what will be the situation when you visit, we have included these links that will answer your questions now, and in the future. No cancellations are accepted within 14 days of arrival.
- Official Government proclamations:
State of Florida Updates: www.flgov.com/2020-executive-orders/
St. Johns County Updates: www.co.st-johns.fl.us/coronavirus/closures.aspx
City of St. Augustine Updates: www.citystaug.com/812/Coronavirus-COVID-19
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR LARGER GROUPS (3 OR MORE ROOMS):
- Cancellations without penalty fees until 21 days prior to your scheduled arrival day. Cancellations that occur after that time frame, we ask that you take full responsiblity of your reservation cost.
- After 21 days your reservations are non refundable
- Larger Groups of three or more rooms are required to make a full deposit of $350 that will be applied towards your reservations should you not cancel. If you decide to cancel your reservation the deposit will be forfeited and non refundable.
If you are making a reservation and booking all rooms under a special event occasion your reservation will be then considered a "Private Venue Reservation" and an agreement to reserve the entire Inn with all the rooms must be performed and paid in full 60 days prior to your event.
- A non-refundable deposit will be applied for the usage and services of our Inn (please call for details if planning an event) In addition a refundable deposit of $250 will be required to hold your rooms reservations and collected at the time you choose to reserve all rooms.
- The $350 deposit is only refundable when payments are made on time and as scheduled between both parties and will become non refundable if you do not comply with your agreement and due date. Please call for details.
- As much as we would love to control the weather, flight delays, health issues, and any other unexpected and unwanted travel mishaps, we cannot. Because cancellation fees do apply.
- We recommend you consider travel insurance. There are many companies that offer this insurance such as Travel Guard, Insure My Trip, and TravelInsurance.com etc. Additionally, AAA, AARP and some credit cards may provide coverage.
- If you are unable to keep your travel plans and your cancellation falls within the cut-off dates, we will of course attempt to rebook for room, but if we are not successful, travel insurance may reimburse you for the cancellation fees.
Thank you for choosing Inn on Charlotte Bed & Breakfast for your stay in Historic Saint Augustine.