Policies and B&B EtiquetteWe send you everything you'll need to know to have a relaxing arrival/stay in St Augustine; so please read your emails that we send you. Besides, they have the Parking Process information you will need as well as, restaurant recommendations.
Rates and policies are subject to change and vary during the year and in high impact periods.
Dear Ladies: Please use the makeup removers that are provided as an amenity for your stay. We are unable to remove makeup from our quality white bath linens; so there will be a $25 charge for each linen used to remove makeup. If you need additional makeup removers, please don't hesitate to ask.
To our European friends: The windows at the Hemingway house Do Not open. If you come and stay with us, please do not attempt to open the windows. Also, we are cooled/heated by a whole-house or, Central Air Conditioning system. It turns on and off regularly to cool the entire upstairs and is controlled by a single thermostat in the hallway.
Must be 21 years of age to stay with us. Adults only.
Check-in starts at 3:00 PM and goes to 6:00 PM.
If arriving earlier? Check-in is at 3:00.
- Go park in your assigned parking space
Your parking space may be available around 12 noon
- Enjoy your day in St Augustine
- And then return after 3:00 pm to check-in.
If arriving later?
- You must call us to arrange a late check-in.Check-out is at 11:00 AM
- No later than 8:00 PM, we apologize, no exceptions.
Front desk Hours: 10:00AM to 5:00PM.
Quiet time: starts at 8:00pm
No Smoking/Vapor inside ~ No Pets* ~ No Children ~ No Candles ~ No Parties ~ No whole-house bookings ~
No non-registered guests allowed ~ No food can be brought into the inn (including pizzas) ~ No moving of furniture.
(*Qualified Service Dogs allowed as required by law.)
Acceptable Payment: Cash, Credit (Visa and MasterCard only), or 'Hemingway House' issued Gift Certificates. A Credit Card is needed for reservations. If booking through a Third Party (Booking.com, Expedia, etc.) your card will be charged seven (7) days prior to your arrival; otherwise, we take payment at check-in time.
* We do NOT participate in any other gift card programs such as the one bedandbreakfast.com has.
Please go to B&B.com to find participating Inns...
Large groups (3 or more rooms) Policy & Fees:
-No whole-house bookings
-No food can be brought into the inn, including deliveries
-No parties and no non-registered guests allowed
-We reserve 8:00 pm – 7:00 am as quiet time at the inn
-We do not charge a whole-house fee but, a housekeeping gratuity is greatly appreciated
If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us right away.
- Prior to 7 days before arrival: Cancellation fee is $75 per room, per night (number of rooms x number of nights)
- 7 days (or less) before arrival: No Fee but, You must take responsibility for the cost of your entire reservation.
If Booking through a Third Party (Booking.com, Expedia, etc.) your card will be charged on this day.
Cancellation Policies for Large Groups (3 or more rooms):If you need more information about any of our services, please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prior to 21 days before: Cancellation fee is $75 per room, per night (number of rooms x number of nights)
- Less than 21 days before: No Fee but, You must take responsibility for the cost of your entire reservation
*If we can re-book the room(s) night(s) a partial refund, less cancellation fees, will be made.
Additional Cleaning: Any additional cleaning beyond normal housekeeping (such as but not limited to wine, make-up, blood, personal stains, food & beverage clean-up) will be billed a minimum charge of $75.00 plus any additional costs as necessary.